Breast Augmentation Surgery
What is breast augmentation surgery?
Breast augmentation, commonly known as breast enlargement surgery or a boob job is one of the safest and most popular cosmetic surgical procedures in the world. The procedure involves inserting silicone breast implants into the breast pocket to increase the volume of your breasts.
You may consider breast enlargement surgery for any of the following reasons:
- Underdeveloped – you may have simply never developed breasts that you were happy with. If this is the case, breast enlargement surgery can provide you with the appearance you’ve always longed for.
- After childbirth – we often find women experience a lack of volume in their breasts following childbirth and breastfeeding. Breast implants can bring your bust back to its original shape and size so you can begin to feel like you again.
- Following weight loss – rapid weight loss is an extremely common reason for women to consider breast surgery. As breasts are made up of fat and tissue, the process of losing weight can cause them to deflate considerably in size.
- Asymmetry – you may find that your breasts differ in size to each other. Although we always refer to breasts as ‘sisters’ not ‘twins’, breast augmentation is a fantastic solution to improve any asymmetry.
Many of my patients find that undergoing breast enlargement surgery, regardless of the reason, has huge implications for their self-confidence and overall wellbeing. They no longer feel embarrassed when wearing swimwear or lingerie and wearing padded bras to enhance their bust becomes a thing of the past.
Your Breast Enlargement consultation
Your virtual consultation is the perfect opportunity to meet with myself and my experienced team, find out everything about your breast augmentation procedure including risks, recovery and expected results and ask any questions.
Following the virtual we may schedule a face-to-face sizing appointment.
Prior to your appointment we recommend looking at before and after photographs of breast sizes and shapes that you both like and dislike. You can bring these along to your consultation to help give me an idea as to the type of look you are hoping to achieve with surgery.
During your consultation I will discuss with you the following important elements of breast enlargement surgery:
- Size of the implant
- Profile – full profile or moderate profile
- Placement – under or over the muscle
Please bring different items of clothing along to this appointment so you can try on a variety of sizes and shapes of implants to see how you may look following the operation.
APPROX GUIDE PRICE
5 -6 Hours
General Anaesthetic: TIVA
5 – 6 weeks
TIME OFF WORK
1 – 2 weeks
FULL RECOVERY TIME