Frequently asked questions
You will have plenty of time during your virtual or face-to-face appointments to ask us anything that is on your mind. However we often get asked the same things many times, so please browse the Frequently Asked Questions below;
- All operations involve some risk and these will be fully discussed with you prior to your procedure
- If you are choosing to have implants it is important you understand the long term implication of this
- We will send you links to relevant sites and give you a consent form and treatment specific guide to help you make the right decision for you.
We understand that sometimes situations can change so we offer a range of cancellation pollicies;
- Cancellation before 2 weeks of surgery – 100% Refund
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of surgery 50% Refund
- Cancellation within 1 weeks of surgery 25% Refund
We offer a 3 year warranty against capsular contracture. If capsular contracture occurs within the first three years or your surgery date, then your implants will be removed or replaced FOC on discussion and agreement with myself and my team.
- We recommend the following steps to help you choose the best implant shape and style for you
- Schedule a virtual consultation with me to discuss the changes you would like to make to your breasts
- Have a virtual 3-D simulation performed to show how you may look with different implants
- Book your in-person meeting with myself. It is helpful if you can bring photos of results you would like to achieve and those you would prefer to avoid.
- It is during this I will take measurements of your bust and will recommend a size range that would suit your frame. You then try a wide range of implants, held in a specially designed bra, to see how you would look in your own clothing
- With modern surgery techniques and anaesthesia pain is much reduced following surgery
- Most of our patients say their bust feels tight but not painful
- You will be given pain killers to help you through the first days following surgery. Many of our patients do not feel they need these however.
- Silicone implants have been used since the 1960’s and have a good safety record
- Recently we have become aware of conditions such as BII & ALCL which research shows occur more often with heavily textured (rough surfaced) Implants
- It is very important that you go through the information we give you on your procedure outlining the risks. This will include a guide on your specific procedure and when appropriate links to sites to research.
- This depends on your procedure and we can discuss potential dates of surgery with you once you decide to go ahead.
- Due to high demand we are typically have dates 2-3 months following your consultation
- We try to be flexible however as our patients tend to have tight schedules!
- As a courtesy we like to let your GP know if you are planning to have a procedure
- It is your decision and if you would prefer we did not please let us know
- Myself and my team are there to guide you through every step of the process to help you achieve your desired results as smoothly, painlessly with as little stress as possible.
- At each stage you will be given information about what to expect and how to prepare.
- If you have any questions please contact us at any time!
- This is exceedingly rare and to my knowledge none of my patients have felt anything during surgery
- Our specialist anaesthetic Consultants use the latest techniques including
- TIVA- as opposed to traditional gas-based anaesthetics. This reduces sickness and drowsiness following your procedure
- Advanced monitoring of your brain waves whilst you are asleep to check you are at exactly the right level of anaesthesia throughout your procedure.
- No you will not. This is because you have just had an anaesthetic and are not likely to be fully focused on the road. In addition you may not be covered by your insurance.
- You will need to be accompanied home from the Hospital by a friend or family member
- Most of our patients resume driving a week following surgery after being seen and given all clear by our specialist nursing team.
Yes! We have a 24hour 7 day a week answering service. If you have a question at any time, no matter how small, we like you to ring us to make sure you are on the right track!
- In most cases your surgery package includes further surgery at no additional cost
- To find out more about the specific warranties relating to your procedure please contact our team
- Most studies show that implants do not need to be changed for 10-15 years
- At this time we would recommend that you have a scan to assess the implants. We can help you arrange this either privately or in via your local Breast Unit.
- If this shows the implants are in a good condition, there is no need to replace the implants and we recommend ongoing review and scans
Once you have decided to proceed with surgery
- We will discuss the available timings of your procedure
- We will give you a detailed quote for the procedure including your warrantees
- Our nursing team will contact you for a pre-operative health screening and appropriate blood tests etc..
- You will be given detailed instructions of how to prepare and what time to be at the Hospital
- We will also schedule your review appointments following your procedure
All reviews following surgery with myself are free for life and can be performed either in person or remotely over the Internet if more convenient.
- In my 30 year career I have used a wide variety of implants and we will discuss the choices available to you in details to help you make the right decision for you.
- Currently most Surgeons are recommending smooth or nano-textured implants to reduce risks associated with implants with a coarser texture.
Good news here! Your Surgical Package will include everything from your tests before surgery to unlimited follow up appointments. You will also be fitted with a Surgical bra and will receive our after-care package to help speed your recovery.